BabelKit Perl Source Code Setup
The BabelKit Perl source code is in the perl directory:
BabelKit.pm - BabelKit module definition. bk_admin.pl - Setup for bk_admin_main.pl. bk_admin_main.pl - BabelKit Translation Utility. bk_connect.pl - Database connection setup. bk_demo.pl - BabelKit Demo page. regression.test - Regression testing. Makefile.PL - Makefile setup.BabelKit.pm requires the DBI.pm module. The Translation Utility and the Demo page need the CGI.pm module.
1. Database Schema and Core Record LoadingRead and follow directions for Code Table Setup.
Load and test the bk_code table schema definition as well as the core data records. If you want to run the demo load the demo data records as well.
2. Database Connection SetupCustomize the bk_connect.pl file to open a database handle to your database. If your application setup has already opened a database handle, use that handle instead of opening a new one. The handle should be set up to autocommit.
bk_connect.pl is used by bk_admin.pl, bk_demo.pl and by regression.test.
3. BabelKit.pm InstallationCopy the BabelKit.pm file into a directory on your Perl include path. Or do the makefile thing:
$ perl Makefile.PL $ make $ make test # make install
Run regression.test on the basic BabelKit class functions. This will fail unless you have completed the above steps!
4. BabelKit Translation Utility SetupYou may wish to customize the bk_admin.pl file to your situation:
5. Demo Page SetupIn order for the demo page to function, you will need to load the demo data records.