BabelKit PHP Source Code Setup
The BabelKit PHP source code is in the php directory:
BabelKit.php - BabelKit class definition. bk_admin.php - Setup for bk_admin_main.inc. bk_admin_main.inc - BabelKit Translation Utility. bk_connect.inc - Database connection setup. bk_demo.php - BabelKit demo page. regression.test - Regression testing.BabelKit requires the PEAR DB library or phplib.
1. Database Schema and Core Record LoadingRead and follow directions for Code Table Setup.
Load and test the bk_code table schema definition as well as the core data records. If you want to run the demo load the demo data records.
2. Database Connection SetupCustomize the bk_connect.inc file to open a database handle to your database. If your application setup has already opened a database handle, use that handle instead of opening a new one. The handle should be set up to autocommit.
bk_connect.inc is used by bk_admin.php, bk_demo.php and by regression.test. bk_admin.php expects the database handle to be set up for autocommit.
3. BabelKit.php InstallationCopy the BabelKit.php file into a directory on your php include_path so that your application code can require it.
Run regression.test on the basic BabelKit class functions. This will fail unless you have completed the above steps!
4. BabelKit Translation Utility SetupYou may wish to customize the bk_admin.php file to your situation:
5. Demo Page SetupIn order for the demo page to function, you will need to load the demo data records.